Thursday, 1 December 2011

When your alts start writing to you... you have a problem.

Dear Sally

Hullo, it's Niae here.  Niae?  The Sin'Dorei paladin that you're currently playing through Northrend. I've been trying to explain some things to you, but you don't seem to be taking it on board, so I thought I'd write to you and see if that helped.

Firstly, stop dragging me back to Orgrimmar.  I like Dalaran.  It's virtually deserted now, you know.  If (for some unfathomable reason) you need me to get back to the orc city quickly, there is a perfectly good portal that the Sunreavers have gone to a lot of effort to maintain.  There are a number of perfectly acceptable hostelries for me to rest in, ok The Filthy Animal might not be at the top of my list, but the chambers in the Legerdemain Lounge are very acceptable. I know that I'm supposed to be paying my own way (more on this later) but Reginald Arcfire has stopped being quite so uppity about his clientèle and now non-engineers can use him to auction off their goods as well.

As I've mentioned the paying my way thing, can I ask you (again) to re-consider your view about me needing to have two gathering professions?  You know how much pleasure I get from herb gathering but the same cannot be said for mining.  I know you think that I need to earn as much as possible, so when I'm finally skilled enough to be sent to Hyjal or the Twilight Highlands I'll be able to fly faster but really, I'd rather fly slower and be allowed to train as an alchemist.  I'm fed up with swinging  a pick. I've been spending some time in the alchemy shop in Dalaran, the Agronomical Apothecary,  and I'm enclosing some pictures I took.  I hope they persuade you...

Ice-thorn growing indoors!
Look how many potions I could learn to make.
See how many books they have? 
Tiger-lillies growing in the middle of a city!
And Talandra's Rose!
The Agronomical Apothecary

 



3 comments:

  1. Don't worry Pilf. I discovered the other day that one of my alts is apparently having a torrid affair and taking advantage of beer-n-mumble nights to do this without me remembering^Z^Zknowing.

    Also: welcome back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, at one point I had my characters from my novel writing me. All of them! It was a joint effort...

    Maybe you should just let the poor girl be an alchemist ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Mysterious Buttons. So there was this one time (at band camp?) that my priest consumed vast quantities of wine during an Ulduar raid and tried to smite Kolgarn to death (back in the days before there was smite-as-healing spam) and wiped the raid. Repeatedly. And giggled ceaselessly down vent the whole time. Oh wait, some of that might have been down to the player, not the avatar... But I digress. At least my alts don't have torried affairs. Actually, no, I'm abit jealous. Why do I play priests and paladins who wouldn't know a torrid affair if it jumped up and bit them? Oo-err...

    @ Saga - heh, yes I remember reading your characters rebelling against you. Glad it's not just me!

    ReplyDelete

Followers