Thursday, 1 December 2011

Responding in kind

Dear Niae

Thank you for your recent letter, and the charming pictures you enclosed.

I get that you want to ditch mining, I really, do, but sweetie, you're a paladin. Not a druid, not a shaman, not, heaven forbid, a *whispers* Tauren.  A Sin'Dorei paladin. It's not really even appropriate that you're wafting around flower-picking is it?  Be thankful that I didn't follow through with my plan to make you into a blacksmith...

And, whilst we're on the subject of paying your way, who decided that they wanted a ret spec after seeing this?  Because, sweetie, even if you get geared enough to try that stuff, I'm not sure I'm good enough to help you out! So you got your ret spec and the armour didn't you?  And then what did you decide?  That actually you felt quite squishy as ret and that you probably did almost as much damage as holy, but without losing half your health in every fight? I think I got that right...

I know right now, you don't think that you'll want to fly even faster, but trust me sweetie, you will in a bit.  And learning alchemy means a lot of time spent riding round all the places that you're I'm bored with, just to gather a metric f*ck tonne of plants.  I'd understand if you would consent to doing archeology, because then eventually we might have a shot at this but as you insist on grumbling that surveying is nearly as tedious as mining, I'm guessing you're not going to go for that.

You're doing really well, sweetie.  You're getting much more skilled and experienced.  Why, just today you were rewarded for the assistance you provided to the Horde in Dragonblight and I'm very proud of you.  Keep that sort of work up, and I'll seriously consider procuring alchemy training for you.

See you soon!

1 comment:

  1. Yay, new Pilf-fic! I loved both of these little ficlets. I have this sort of dialog with my toons all the time, too. :P

    ReplyDelete

Followers