Wednesday, 20 July 2011

Iron (Wo)man Proper

Ok dear, oh dear... I was foolish enough to go and read Vyrkerion's Iron Man post to remind myself of the rules of the challenge which I've nicked and re-posted here for your edification:

1. Use only white/grey items.
2. No spending talent points. No specialization at level 10. (Regular skill training is fine.)
2. No Primary or Secondary Professions other than First Aid.
3. No means of XP boosting (No Recruit-A-Friend, No Guild, and obviously no Heirlooms)
4. No consumable bonuses (food, potions, elixirs, etc) - Rogue Poisons are Okay.
5. No enchants.
6. No Groups. (Since clarification was requested: That means no dungeons, no Dungeon Finder, no battlegrounds, no anything that puts you in a group and no grouping up with people to quest or anything.)
7. No Death Knights.
8. No Glyphs

So when the realms come back up, I think I'm going to make a new alt *ahem*.  Pilffe. Pilf-Fe?  Geddit?  That's a sad chemistry joke right there, this one is better though:

What do chemists call a benzene ring with iron atoms replacing the carbon atoms?
A ferrous wheel.


       Fe - Fe
        /       \
       Fe       Fe
        \       /
         Fe - Fe
 (A benzene ring is is a hexagonal molecule of carbon atoms with six hydrogen atoms attached to each carbon, comme ça)
      
       H      H
         \    /
         C - C
        /      \
     H - C             C - H
        \      /
         C - C
        /     \
       H       H
(Well I'm laughing...) 
 
I need to decide on a class though.  Clearly, as she's a(nother) Pilf she'll be a belf but as to class... I'm undecided.  I need to go and play with the character creation screen a bit...

2 comments:

  1. Yeah I got it, Fe=Ferrum :)
    Hey, I am a chemistry-teacher after all....
    Good luck with the self-induced borders,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, Pilf :P

    I'd suggest Warrior for the further pun value of iron = metal = mail & plate -- but I know you like Warlocks, and Vrykerion seems to be having good success with one. Of course, you should certainly choose whatever most suits your fancy :D

    ReplyDelete

Followers