- Arse! The Mac client is crap so Himself has to dual-boot the Mac and make it run Windows.
- Feed Mac cupcakes to try to compensate for this level of abuse.
- Character creation is beyond gorgeous. Ohhh /strokes screen and gets staticky...
- Waste hours playing with hair and make-up. Nothing new there then...
- Finally I have character exactly how I want her. Daughter has insisted her hair matches hers.
- Log into game.
- Ohhhhhh shiny graphics are shiny.
- Yay for interface that I understand.
- Yay for being able to just play!
- Having three talent trees makes my brain ache.
- Pick spells that look shiny... in an evil way.
- I am not a 'good' cleric.
- Wtf is my rotation supposed to be? /whimper
- Oh I have mail. Ohhhhhh mail contains two-headed turtle mount of awesomesauce.
- Mounts at level 5 are kinda cool...
- Rifts are weird. I start beating things up and suddenly people join me and wtf I'm in a raid group?
- General chat is full of the inevitable WoW comparisons.
- God the graphics are amazing.
- Rifts are cool. Wish I knew what to do with the thingys I earn though.
- Gathering. I can understand gathering.
- I appear to be a combination of a paladin, warlock and shadow priest.
- I'm confused.
- I don't understand death.
- It's still exceedingly pretty.
- I might need to L2P.
- FINALLY my legs, stomach, chest and arms are covered by believable armour!
- (This armour is less shiny. This is a good thing...)
Tuesday, 1 March 2011
Having had time to calm down after my rant, and also feeling ashamed after reading Sven's well-balanced and thoughtful The Drunkard's Walk post, I thought that I'd try Rift again - thought progression below: