- Decide that you should really start Project 10. That is, level one of each class to level cap. I'm not, despite Himself's faux-helpful suggestion, going to level one of each class and each spec to level cap. I'm not that much of a sucker...
- Decide on race/class combos. To minimise boredom I'm going to play (stinky) Alliance as well, but as there's only 10 classes, that means leaving out skittery
werewolvesWorgen and spacegoatsDraenei.
Gant Charttable to track said alts and then sort out names. Cuss maintenance for being just at the time that you need to be able to log onto servers and check names.
- Pick Himself's brains about specs. Add 'spec column' to table. Ditto blogs to read.
- Yay - maintenance is finished! Make characters!! Many characters!
- Decide that it is permissible to use your druid (level 30) and your hunter (level 32) as you love them and you didn't start them until after Cata hit so it *does* count.
- Log onto first character and squee!
- Realise first character is a human warrior - I thought I'd combine the race I dislike most with the class I expected to hate the most but then I was, I have to admit, pleasantly surprised. Warriors got a bit easier since I last tried to play them (possibly in vanilla...) She's hysterical, somehow I managed to make her look... grumpy... and the way she moves - even the way she mines, is just like "Oh my God, it's all sooooooo depressing." I think she's a Twilight Cultist who's pissed off that the world didn't end...
- Get them all to level 10. Once they are all there, whenever I want to switch 'toon I'll /roll 1 - 10 and see what number crops up (yes there is a 'number' column in the table...)
Ok, it might be bonkers, I might get bored really quickly, but them again I might not. And it's making me play classes that I'd previously written off as 'not for me'. And you know what? It's fun as well...