Thursday, 21 October 2010

What's my spec again?

Have I mentioned just how much I'm loving warlocks? Not that I haven't always loved them, you understand. My original main was a warlock (and man, do I shudder now at quite how clueless I was back then!) but then I got a priest addiction and whilst I've fumbled around with them I haven't given them the attention that the class truly deserves recently. This is also why I can't play mages... warlocks are clearly so much better... *ducks*

With all the recent patch changes and with Tressa being quite so OP as demon I thought I'd give myself a bit of a challenge and roll another one, with a demo spec, but as I'm running out of room on AD I've rolled on another RP server - being completely unable to go back to playing on PvE servers... the names, they burn my eyes... which means that I'm back to where I was when I rolled on AD before I cheated decided to transfer my gold and heirlooms characters over, i.e penniless and without even decent bags. That said, it's much easier to make gold now - at level 19 I have just over 30G (and reasonably decent bags) and I'm certain that that wasn't the case when I first started playing...

The level 10 spells are bonkers (yes, I might have mentioned this before.) As demo I have conflagrate which is just gorgeous. It's the sort of spell that you want to take out for supper at a great restaurant, pour fine wine down its neck, then take it home and snuggle up with in front of a crackling log fire, which, clearly, you have lit using the same spell that you are wooing... or something. That made more sense in my head. However, I'm not sure that it's 'better' in the of 'blat-mwahaha-you're-dead' sense then having a felguard. I'm still slightly bemused by how stupidly OP the felguard is. Actually, that's not true - I'm slightly bored by how OP the felguard is. I never, ever thought I'd be whining about killing stuff being too easy but here I am nearly doing so.

I have it on good authority that what I should be doing is DoT'ing packs of bad things and running round madly whilst the felguard wtfpwns them all - but I'm not sure that that's fun either. But then again, if I wanted to DoT and run I'd be playing an aff-lock not a demon one. And my aff-lock is being saved for Cata. I'm not sure I believe the theory that afflic is the 'one true warlock spec to bind them all' but I haven't really played it enough - my 80 lock has it as a secondary spec but is just too attached to her kaboom destro spec to ever really give it play time. And I haven't even logged into her to see what the difference is in DPS at 80 with the different specs. Actually I should go look at that...

1 comment:

  1. My first Lock was Destro, but she died a lot and I hadn't gotten quite so used to dying as I am now. So when I rolled my second Lock, I specced her Demo for about 10 points, then went into Affliction. That was a little better, I think. In the post-4.0.1 world, I decided to spec her Demonology after reading your first post about Tessa. I'm inclined to agree with you about Felguard being a little... boring. I've been thinking I'll just run around with the VW like in the "old days" and only pull out the Felguard for really tough stuff. I'm tempted by Destro again, though -- it might be more fun now than it was way back when.

    ReplyDelete

Followers