Thursday, 8 July 2010

No, you don't get my soul either!

Gods I had to trawl through pages of shite to find this image. I nearly went for this, which might have been better (or made, dare I say it, my male readers happier, yes, you know who you are!) - but my inner feminist kicks me hard at times.

Everyone is either fuming about Real ID, commendably trying to lighten up the blogsphere, and some are even quitting over it. There is an alternative (thanks Sven), which I've taken as a... deferment, I guess. Ok, no more linkage - everyone's feeders are full of posts about this, if you haven't found your way to many excellently written opinions about this in the last few days then I guess you've been hiding in Azeroth under a rock.

So where am I? I guess my last post made my point clear. There was some discussion on guild last night (and I'm assuming that it's the standard line from the Blues on the forums) where people expressed that there is a 'choice'. Which, technically, there is. You have a choice not to engage with the forums. This my friends, is commonly known as Hobson's Choice. From Wiki:

"Hobson's Choice is a free choice in which only one option is offered. As a person may refuse to take that option, the choice is therefore between taking the option or not; take it or leave it."

That really isn't a choice. And basically, that's why I'm pissed off. Yes, I've gone through my account details and pretended that my daughter uses my account - which was an odd and slightly unsettling situation (and, obviously she'd kill me if she ever found out!) so, at present, it's 'resolved'. But I'm afraid that I continue to be unhappy. Cross Pilf Sally is cross. And yes, I am making a point by using a RL name. Because it's my fucking choice. No-one else's.

I'm playing less WoW and I'm having less fun in Azeroth, which is balanced by more fun in Real Life anyway. I'm trying to work out whether WoW has run it's natural lifespan for me, which is saddening. I was hoping that Cata would revitalise my gaming and it suspect it would do/will do. But I am so deeply unhappy with the current situation that I'm not sure. I'm trying very hard not to have a knee-jerk reaction here, and I agree with Himself who feels that this might be some 'bait and switch' technique. And that's just worse isn't it??? But no knee-jerk reactions *breathes* so I guess, in the short-term I'm just going to sit here and see what happens over the coming week(s). But I'm certain that, when I make the decision, it'll be somewhat easier, given the events of the last few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers