Sunday, 20 June 2010

Addiction.

*stands up* My name is Pilf and I'm a meme addict. *sits down* Thank you, thank you wunnerful people of teh interwebz for WoW memes *cheers* (Seriously, I was determined to blog tonight, and not just here, and I completely adore listy memes. Thanks Jak and the Sorry Caps blog.)
So here, via here. Go look...

1. Raider, farmer, PvPer, or altoholic?
We've met right? Or you can at least read the blog title? *giggles* Seriously, raider-turned-altaholic. Nevah a PvPer...

2. Favorite raid or dungeon?
Kara.
Oh you wanted reasons as well? Ok then! Possibly because your first raid is like losing your virginity - slightly painful and messy the first time but improving with practice and staying in your memory? Or some slightly classier analogy.

*Ahem*, Kara, yes - because it felt like a real journey through someones (slightly creepy) mansion, not just a few randomly connected bosses. Because it was where I learnt that being a priesty healer does not mean you don't need to be able to use crowd control (focus targets - yawhatnow? macros - yawhatnow?) Because the first time Moroes died I'd been lugging that damned cake around for weeks, and I was sick of promising fireworks... Because of the abuse we used to give Barnes whilst waiting for Opera. Because I loved hearing 'Run Pilfy run!!' as I invariably got Little Redded during the Big Bad Wolf. Because Nightbane landing was always cool as fuck. Ok, I could go on forever about how much fun I had in Kara...

3. Number one choice for a new playable race?
I possibly adore the 'nilla dragonkin more than is healthy. And have waaaaay to many screenshots of them...

4. Class you suck the most at?
Anything melee? Damage dealing is (still) odd for me. Having to be close to the bad things that want to munch on me... *flees*. And yes, I am aware I have a level 80 loladin. And no, I don't quite know how.

5. Original UI or modded UI?
You tell me:

Vaguely modded I guess. I hate Blizz toolbars but despite having an inner-geekette I am amazingly untechy so it's Bartender, SexyMap and Clique basically.

6. Profession you've never levelled past 200?
Blacksmithing for sure, possibly leatherworking. That's about not having classes that would benefit from those proffs mind you.

7. Favorite flying mount?
I adore my green protodrake.


8. Nozdormu -- friend or foe, you figure?
I'm going for friend - people should learn that fucking with time is a bad idea *glares*.

9. Useless item you have in your bank that you'll never get rid of?
Where would you like me to start? I have a few outfits but they aren't strictly useless. Holiday stuff from last years holiday? Way too many snowballs and mistletoe certainly? Old epics that I can't bring myself to delete? This because it's blatantly shadow priest QQ?

10. Most expensive thing you've ever bought?
Epic flying on Pilf-the-First. Goddamn I was chuffed when I got it.

11. Favorite starting area?
Urgh... I like both the Belf and Draenei areas because they're so much better put together than the 'nilla start zones. But that's probably my TBC gal bias talking.

12. Inane goal you worked hardest to achieve?
I was proud to get The Diplomat. Fucking made-up when I got a mount for Pilf. And I had this before I set foot in Naxx Mk2. Dungeon running every night ftw... And levelling Pilf-the-First 0 - 70 as 100% holy spec.

13. Darion Mograine VS Tirion Fordring, gloves off -- winner is?
Face bothered? I've done the DK start zone waaaaaaay too many times. (Huge apologies to all the people it does actually matter to...)

14. Game music or your own playlist?
Oh my own playlist(s). There are separate ones for questing, raiding, gathering...

15. Particular option or setting that you always toggle on a new alt/server?
Display cloak 'off'. Display helm 'off'. Vanity of vanities, all is vanity.

16. Highest amount of levels gained in one play session?
Not a clue.

17. Thing you'd most like to experience or see in-game?
Well, I'll never take down the Lich King that much is certain. I guess I'd like to see Sunwell Plateau just because of my belf-ness.

18. Worst PuG moment?

There have been a few. I choose not to dwell on them.

19. Best dungeon/raid moment?
I guess clearning ZA and punting Zul'Jin. Mainly for the party-on celebrations afterwards but also because we were a teeny-weeny guild who had 11 members. So class balance was a bit of an issue...

20. Worst quest ever that you totally hate doing?
I don't think I have a worst quest. I have a favourite on which all my characters do - because Kevin Smith makes me swoon. So this makes me fan-gurl drooly.

21. First thing you do when you hit 80?
Not sure... breath a sigh of relief and promptly stop playing that character usually. Why do you think Pilf is still 72...!

22. Character (of yours) you would RP as if you had to?

That would be Pilf then.

23. Keyboard, mouse, or both for using abilities?
I'm a clicker. Can't break the habit. W, A , D, X (I think) for moving but clicking for abilities... I know, I'm a bad player...

24. Thottbot or WoWhead?
WoWhead. I never got on with Thott for some reason.

25. Acronym you've seen in chat but don't understand?
Man I didn't understand Trade for months after I started playing. PST had me confused for longer. Basically I'm happy to make a fool out of myself in guild chat so I just used to ask. Mind you, I still don't understand what Gearscore is *sticks out tongue*.

26. Plot point you'd like to see resolved someday?
I'm a bit shite with plot points. So rather than hobnail booting it all over the lore I'll let someone more in tune with all things lore-based take that one.

27. Biggest thing you're looking forward to in Cataclysm?
Other than Twilight fanboi/gurl mockery? I am looking forward to being a goblin...

28. Guild event you'd like to see?
Hmm. Not sure. I've been lucky enough to be involved in various guild events during my time in WoW. That said, a big Hallows End bash wouldn't go amiss.

29. Level range you hate being in?
Ugh 20 - 30 without a doubt. It's where I get bored, wander off and make another alt.

30. Favorite map to quest in?

I adore Nagrand... the floating islands with the waterfalls *happy sigh*. Equally I like Netherstorm, mainly for the Eco Domes and because it's where I hit level 70 on all my characters.

[Apologies for ugly fucking font of fucking ugliness. Blogger fucking hates me tonight - and is refusing to let me change the font and it's late and I'm knackered and just grrrrrrrr!]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers