Monday, 15 March 2010

You know how fairy tales end... right?

I'm excessively over-excited about something that most people would view as insignificant and minor. Can I get a drum roll please?

I RP'd. (I'll give you a sec to pick yourself back up from the floor *pause*. Comfy? Good.)

Having logged on I was vaguely meandering around Silvermoon with Pilf. Having spent far too much time staring at the AH this morning I have found myself a set of 'city clothes' (calling them 'RP clothes' doesn't sit very well with me, I'm not too sure why) that I liked (subject of a soon-to-be-written post) so I was wearing those. Not quite as in your face as FlagRSP (which I might investigate forthwith) but enough that I guess it says 'RP'. I was actually talking to a friend in party so parked myself in the Silvermoon City Inn - possibly not hugely intelligent admittedly if one wanted to chat undisturbed to a friend, and as my brain processed that I got up and started to walk out. The beginning of what followed is below:

But due to my screenshot fails isn't complete. *sigh* However I accepted the trade window (!!) which contained apples and /e 'takes a bite'. At which point she whispered me ((it's poisoned)). And wahey I knew that ((...)) signifies an OOC hint thing! Ok so I know that might hit people's buttons re 'controlling' the other person but what the heck. I swooned and fell into a deep sleep (thank goodness for emotes that I know!!) And she cackled and left.

I know, I know tiny RP by most standards but I was utterly thrilled, as anyone present in gchat heard. In fact I still am completely charmed. It was minor but at the same time completely captivating. Just a very small, insignificant connection with someone for no reason at all, other than for the hell of it. And I did fail at least once. Anyone spot the newbie mistake? It took me a while afterwards to work it out. I'm not *supposed* to know that she's a warlock am I? She was wearing white and had no minion. But she recovered well (good job someone did) and I'll know for next time. Mental note: people do not walk around with classes displayed over their head *doh*.

On that note I might go investigate FlagRSP, just, y'know, out of interest and all that...

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! May this be the first of many happy encounters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe nice one Pilf :)

    I am really enjoying your blog :)

    Can't wait to see your FlagRSP description :)

    I might have the courage to embrace RP one of these days :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sven - I'm not sure that I'd have had the courage to do anything (save run away) if I hadn't read your guides!

    And /hug Issy. C'mon you know you want to get on board the RP boat...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm still reluctant to launch myself into rp, downloaded flagrsp but didn't activate it yet ;) maybe i should sit down and think about Kaorin more.

    love your little story, sadly there are now dwarves in silvermoon, they could've carried you away, put you in a box and all that ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's just awesome!

    Although I'd be careful about swooning in SMC - heaven knows how people will try to revive you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I *think* someone did vaguely consider it. Certainly a paladin did come stand over me in a somewhat contemplative manner for a while afterwards...

    ReplyDelete

Followers