Today is St Patrick's Day and The Other Half is Irish. We are in England. My brother and sister in law to be are in Ireland with a day of serious making merry in front of them. I am in England and will be, as ever, chained to my desk listening to people bitch and yell at me (it's my job, usually it's ok but today I mind dammit). And you know what, I don't want to be there. I want to be:
- across the water, imbibing copious quantities of alcohol getting ridiculously 'I'm still in my 20s (I wish) and can handle drinking until I can't stand/talk/see' drunk.
- somewhere watching a parade with leprechauns skipping around, wearing a bunch of shamrock and generally being Oirish.
- checking out my sister in law to be's possible new squeeze.
- wearing a stoopid hat.
- singing along to depressing songs (which kinda make me feel guilty for being English but I still love).
- bantering with my brother in law to be.
It's official: whiny post is whiny. Normal service will be resumed tomorrow.
*Kiss me, I'm Irish