Thursday, 18 March 2010

Oops I did it again

I have rolled numerous Death Knights since Wrath hit. There was Sinderella Mk1 (the gnome who had a fabulosa voice). Sinderella Mk2 (the belf). There was another one whose name I forget. There was Pilfkin (to please a friend playing on a PvP server... not a good idea). There was another one whose name I also forget. There was Eskie. And now there is Pilfe. (I missed a few somewhere as well). I have this switch in my brain. It goes 'click: time to roll a DK' and my brain toodles off into The Ebon Hold and lo: I have a DK.

You would think, then, that the start area would take me half an hour but you would be wrong. Oh so very wrong. However I have gone from loathing it to actually taking time to see when Blizz are having funsies with me:

No, no Mr Initiate, I think you will find that the ownage will be mine!

And I go from laughing to blinking-fast-with-smarting-eyes and all because of this quest. I think it upsets me regardless of race because the dialogue is heart-rending:

"Come to finish the job, have you?
You'll look me in the eyes when...
Pilfe?
Pilfe, I'd recognize that face anywhere... What... What have they done to you, Pilfe?
Think, Pilfe. Think back. Try and remember the majestic halls of Silvermoon City, where you were born. Remember the splendor of life, sister. You were a champion of the sin'dorei once! This isn't you.
Listen to me, Pilfe. You must fight against the Lich King's control. He is a monster that wants to see this world - our world - in ruin. Don't let him use you to accomplish his goals. You were once a heroine and you can be again. Fight, damn you! Fight his control!
Knight Commander Plaguefist yells: What's going on in there? What's taking so long, Pilfe?
There... There's no more time for me. I'm done for. Finish me off, Pilfe. Do it or they'll kill us both. Pilfe... Remember Silvermoon. This world is worth saving!
Do it, Pilfe! Put me out of my misery! "

But after that it's funsie time again:

Srsly: This is NOT a tree. Nor is it a remotely viable "disguise". If you are fooled by this, well you deserve everything that cometh to you.

And in much the same vein:

This is not a member of the Scarlet Crusade. Do the glowing eyes NOT give it away? Please refer to previous point (above).

So now I have my own ore mule and jewelcrafter. And the name... I have no excuse for. I was feeling decidedly off yesterday and I had no imagination. Plus she'll be lucky to make level 70. I can't play melee classes. However the Other Half has plans. Oh yes. The Other Half knows of my inability to play DKs and has a cunning plan. He too has a DK and he plans to drag me, by the hair if necessary (no, no, not my pretty blond locks!!), through Outland and into Northrend. And, stubborn as I am, the Other Half can be infinitely more stubborn...

4 comments:

  1. I am usually a cow, when I'm failing to be a DK, and it's equally heartbreaking. Nobody wants to kill a cow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh noes :( I can imagine!

    I'm sure it's a sad speech regardless of the race. I vividly remember the my gnome DK being told to 'remember Gnomeregan' and being all oh-oh-oh-blink-fast. But I guess that's being a DK... the destruction of your past and the assimilation into your present.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is definitely my favorite quest in the DK starting zone. A close second, however, is the one where you become a cart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yes, I should have screenshotted that one as well 'this is NOT an effective hiding place!'

    ReplyDelete

Followers