Tuesday, 23 February 2010

Yes I have a Retadin (Doesn't Everybody?)

I have a level 80 paladin which is a moderately long story - short(ish) version: I wanted to try another form of healing other than my priest and a paladin seemed like a good idea. She, like most (all?) paladins has a ret spec, and also a holy one. Anyway, amazingly enough it turned out that your guild raid would rather you brought your epic holy priest to a raid than your less-epic'd healadin. Shocked? I wasn't. Probably also something to do with our guild balance at the time - paladins coming our of our ears but fewer priests. So she languished unplayed until a while back when I took agin Warcraft for being a stressful time sink and deleted my characters (that's a whole 'nother post). She however survived as I needed someone to send my BoA gear to. But I deleted all her armour (ok it wasn't that hot but it was iLevel 200 when that was still acceptable). I wrote 'delete' a lot of times that night. And it stopped the Other Half mid-raid: 'fuck my girlfriend is methodically deleting all her characters and their gear...!' Of course, as is the way I missed her a little. So last night I grovellingly asked the Other Half to ask his brother if he could make me some armour. And a weapon... and stuff. Which bless him he did, so I am now sporting a funky savage saronite ensemble. At least I won't get random raid invites...

Having done a bit of wheeee - yay for fast flying again and a few circuits of the Basin to mine (along with most of the server - don't these people have raids to go to?) I kinda figured that having basically resurrected her (and proved to myself that if I want to bin characters I need to delete all their gear and then delete them, and giving all your gold to the Other Half means he won't spend it but will keep it until the day when you say "Hun... see that gold I sent you... could I have a smidgen of it back...?") I should at least attempt to do something constructive with her. And with Cataclysm incoming 'soon' I figured maybe I should have a bash at the Loremaster title. Now as she is a faction change I have done no quests at all. So this should be interesting. She's now in newbie belf land hitting trees...

Who knows if I'll actually make it. There are some zones that I haven't been to with any character (Sithilus springs to mind) but it's either that or mindlessly fly around on her doing very little. It might be fun and it'll certainly be a challenge. And having a specific goal is A Good Thing. But a goal with no external pressure which I can moodle round and do at my own pace. Even if the other belfs in newbie belf land do look startled to see a level 80 belf running round the starting area doing the same quests as them...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers